Coconut shells have been used for centuries as a sustainable and versatile material for crafting. These shells are abundant but solid and durable, making them ideal for creating various decorative and functional items. From bowls and birdhouses to jewelry and wind chimes, coconut shell crafts can add a natural and unique touch to your home or garden. With some creativity and skill, you can transform these humble shells into beautiful and valuable works of art. You can refer to the following Coconut Shell Craft ideas in this article.
Coconut Shell Bowl
Making a coconut bowl with a coconut shell is a fun and easy DIY project. Here are the steps you can follow:
- Coconut shell;
- Dish soap;
- Cloth or paper towel.
- Start by cutting the coconut shell in half using a saw. Be sure to cut it as straight as possible to ensure a flat bottom for your bowl.
- Use sandpaper to smooth the coconut shell’s edges and create a level surface.
- Flip the coconut shell over so that the concave side is facing up. Use a drill to make a small hole in the center of the shell, and then use a saw to cut a circle around the hole.
- Use a spoon to scoop out the flesh and any remaining fibers inside the coconut shell. Rinse it with dish soap and water to remove any debris.
- Dry the coconut shell thoroughly with a cloth or paper towel.
- Sand the inside of the shell until it is smooth.
- Apply coconut oil or food-safe sealant to the inside of the bowl to protect it and give it a shiny finish.
Your coconut bowl is now ready to use! You can use it as a decorative piece or serve snacks, salads, or other food items.
To see more, please check out How to Make a Coconut Bowl, and Coconut Bowls Category.
Coconut Shells for Birds
Coconut shells are suitable for creating bird crafts, such as birdhouses and bird feeders. Here are some steps to make a birdhouse using a coconut shell:
- Coconut shell;
- Jute twine or string;
- Small stick or dowel;
- Bird seed or suet.
- Start by cleaning and drying the coconut shell. Cut it in half using a saw, and sand the edges to smooth them.
- Using a drill, make a small hole near the top of the coconut shell on both sides. These will attach the jute twine or string to hang the birdhouse.
- Cut a piece of jute twine or rope to the desired length for hanging. Thread it through one of the holes and tie a knot at the end to secure it. Repeat on the other side.
- Cut a trim stick or dowel to the width of the coconut shell, and place it inside the shell to create a perch for the birds.
- Fill the coconut shell with bird seed or suet, and hang it where birds can easily access it.
With some creativity, you can add some decorative elements to the coconut shell birdhouse, such as painting it or adding beads or shells to the jute twine. This is a fun and eco-friendly craft and provides a cozy home and food source for our feathered friends.
Coconut Shell Candle Holder
Cut a hole in the top of the coconut shell and scoop out the flesh. Place a small candle inside and use it as a decorative candle holder.
Check out the idea: Coconut Bowls Candles
Coconut Shell Planter
Cut the coconut in half and fill it with soil. Plant small succulents or other plants inside the shell for a unique and natural planter.
Coconut Shell Jewelry
Cut the shell into small pieces and use it to make jewelry such as necklaces, bracelets, and earrings.
Coconut Shell Wind Chimes
Drill small holes in the coconut shell and thread string or fishing line through them. Hang the shell pieces from a stick or branch to create a beautiful wind chime.
There are some of the easiest coconut shell craft ideas you can do it at home. You can also check out our products. Don’t hesitate to send thanhcongcraft an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or leave us a message at WhatsApp: +84967485411. Hope to serve you soon! Best regard!